Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Montgomery Ward Revisited

The Troutgirl blog has some amusing snipets about all things Korean: "Q: How does a Korean-American pronounce the words 'Caesar', 'seizure', and 'scissors'? A: Shija, shija, shija."; "Q: Why is Korean toilet paper wide? A: Because it's hyu-ji."; "Margaret Cho recounting a phone call from her mother in thick Korean-accented English: 'Two things. Number one, grandma-grandpa gonna die. Not today, not tomorrow -- but they gonna die. And number two, did you get da shampoo I sent you?'"; "My brother telling me about a Korean movie: 'It was the archetypal Korean movie, all about a guy who falls in love with a girl who he can't marry.' Me: 'If it was the typical Korean movie, wouldn't it be all about his parents telling him he isn't studying hard enough?' My brother: 'Of course it's about that too.'"; "My Uncle Kim asked me recently, 'So, did you see that new movie? The, the, Mattress?' I looked at him and thought for a moment. 'Oh, no-no, it's not Mattress,' I replied, 'It's Mattress Reloaded'."