Monday, May 24, 2004

Montclair Stroll

Sunday afternoon, at my urging, we took a pleasant stroll through the heart of Montclair Village. The weather was spectacular. Walking through the small neighboring park was nice too. Parents were out playing with their young children... tossing the frisbee around, feeding the ducks out on the pond, playing a game of catch on the softball diamond... kinda wished we had hours of free time to just lay out a blanket on the greens and crack open one of the books in my small but growing stack of casual reads. Last week, I leapt at one of the first copies of Aloft, Chang-Rae Lee's third novel; his second, A Gesture Life was a personal favorite. Also been meaning to finish either of the two Michael Lewis books I am part of the way into, Moneyball and The New, New Thing. Maybe I'll tote them to Paris later this year and chip away at them in one of the streetside cafes along the Left Bank. Oui.